Why You Should Have Professionals Maintain Your Dryer
Drying clothes and sheets takes a significant portion of your time and dryers are at the center of it. That’s why you want to keep them in pristine condition. If you are an expert DIYer, you may be tempted to save some money on dryer maintenance by taking charge of repair and cleaning. However, it’s recommended that you search for “dryer repair near me” and let the professionals do their job. Here’s why:
- Reduce fire hazards – Your dryer bathes your clothes in hot air and extracts away all the moisture. However, along with moisture, your clothes also lose a few fibers and other tiny particles in the process. These accumulate on the filters in your dryer as lint.
Lint is a highly flammable substance that can catch on fire within a snap and burn down your appliance and your home. In the United States, around 16,000 fires every year from 2010 to 2014 were caused due to dryers or washing machines. That number is not small by any metric, and you don’t want to end up in that statistic.
That’s why you should have your dryer cleaned and maintained by professionals. A professional will clean out all kinds of dust and debris and have experience in dealing with sensitive dry environments. They won’t use tools or gear that may cause static or spark.
- Licensed repairman – Unlike washers that are fully electric and can be handled by savvy homeowners, you may be lingering in the legal grey area if you have a gas dryer. A gas dryer shares some of the sensitive components with an electric dryer and also has a gas connection.
When you or an inexperienced person tries to repair a gas dryer a small leak can endanger your family’s lives or at least incur hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage. That’s why in many parts of the country only licensed professionals who have the proper training are allowed to repair or do maintenance on gas dryers.
Even if it’s legal for unlicensed individuals to repair or maintain gas dryers in your state, it’s a big risk that you don’t want to take. While electric dryers don’t have the risk of explosion due to flammable fuel, electric fires are still a possibility. That’s why you’re better off outsourcing the job to a licensed professional who can get the job done with minimal risks and appropriate safety precautions.
- Save money – Your dryer has plenty of moving parts that go through wear and tear on every cycle. The components inside your dryer accumulate minor damages over time until they don’t work anymore.
You may forget to maintain your dryer or may do it after a long period. That way you may miss out on the damage done to the dryer belt, thermal fuse, or condenser coils. When you notice the damage, it may be too late to repair them. You end up spending money on new components that would have lasted longer with regular maintenance.
In the worst-case scenario, the lack of dryer maintenance can cause the appliance to completely break down and make you spend at least four figures on a new dryer. Instead, you can subscribe to a professional dryer maintenance service and save yourself the hassle and the money.
- Convenience – As mentioned above, dryer maintenance takes time. Checking components to make sure they are in working order and replacing those that have been damaged. Your life is stressful enough and you don’t want to spend your weekend with a kit in front of a dryer.
Instead, you can save yourself the hassle and spend quality time with your loved ones by allowing professionals to do their job. You can also use that time to get more work done and add extra cash to the bank account. There’s no need to go through the manual and stress yourself over every part and then call suppliers to get replacement components. Instead, you can call a dryer repair company to maintain your dryer.
- Get things done quickly – Everyone has their niche. You may outperform your peers at your job. However, you may not be a great appliance technician. The dryer is a complicated piece of technology. Even if you figure out how to do maintenance on this complex machine, you’ll have a hard time figuring out all the parts and will waste a lot of time doing it.
On the other hand, a professional is familiar with hundreds or thousands of dryer models and has experience working with a similar number of dryers. They have a checklist that lets them conduct routine maintenance very quickly and their experience allows them to identify signs of damage with a glance. That’s why you’re better off leaving dryer maintenance to the certified technician.
- Supplier network – Even if you’re an excellent DIY er who knows his way around a dryer, you’ll have a tough time sourcing replacement components. On the flip side, a dryer maintenance company has contracts and connections with a wide supply network.
When their technician does a routine checkup and cleans your dryer, they can note down the replacement parts and get them delivered quickly and probably at a cheaper price if they can bulk order that component.
- Poisoning hazard – People tend to prefer gas dryers due to their high efficiency and quick drying times. However, if you don’t get your gas dryer maintained by a professional, you may have clogged vents or inefficient burning of fuel.
Both of these cases may cause a large amount of carbon monoxide gas to fill up your home. The gas is odorless and colorless, and you won’t be able to notice it until it’s too late.
Your dryer is a power-hungry home appliance that has numerous complicated components that may be damaged if handled the wrong way. Moreover, there are risks of fire and poisoning if you aren’t too careful. That’s why you should search for “dryer repair near me” and let the pros maintain your dryer.